Sunday, October 18, 2009

Monday, April 27, 2009

Collision Avoided
So, as I was picturing this big graduation party my mom was going to throw me, I just couldn't figure out how it was going to be anything but a disaster. My very conservative family and my liberal friends all in one place. With me smooshed in the middle... um, no thanks. So, I was honest with my mom, who really is trying to let me take the lead on all this, trying to be supportive of my choices, despite their foreign nature to her, and I told her I'd rather just all go to dinner afterward. I will probably hit the town later with friends. Compartmentalizing is good. :)


In other news, I have my first doctors appt on Thursday, April 30! I am psyched about getting started with T, etc. I am not sure what all it will involve... poking, proding, etc. But whatever it takes to get me one step farther down the path.


So, I decided a month or so ago to do the last mock trial at school as D. I was hoping to test out the courtroom demeanor, etc. before anyone's actual life was at stake... turns out my partner, KH, and I won the whole damn thing. First time I have come away with a championship, and I did it as D. And to top it all off, I got "best advocate." That is like MVP for those of you who don't know the dorky world of mock trial. :)


I've been passing more lately and worrying less about it. I am finally able to think about other stuff and focus. The only time I really think about it now is when I need to go to the bathroom. Several people have asked me about this... here's a response I sent to a friend via email:


Well, if I am in public and not somewhere where people have known me as A., I go to the men's room and just use a stall. If I am at work, where I am out as Trans to my boss but there are lots of people in the building who know me but I am not out to, I go to the womens (these are one-holers so it really doesn't matter). For a week or so I was just avoiding the bathroom at school... where I was dressed in a suit and tie but most people I knew would expect me to be in the women's rr. Lately, I have tried to find a secluded men's rr.


In reality, most people who don't know me are't going to confront me and men are much less weird about a ? being in their bathroomthan a girl would be about a possible man being in the women's room... seeing as how women might think the guy is a perv. Men mostly mind their own business... especially in a bathroom. :) In this instance, the male tendency to be oblivious is helping me out. :) Let's hope I don't pick up THAT trait.


I am coming out to more and more people, with less and less fear all the time. It seems so matter of fact to me now. Which is good. So I can concentrate. Anyway, a friend sent me this GREAT article: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/26/fashion/26love.html?_r=1


Can't wait to share it with my kiddoes!


All right...you know that white collar crime paper I mentioned in the last post... that's due tomorrow... yeah... gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment