Sunday, October 18, 2009

April 7, 2009

So here it is, two days into this blogs existence and I have yet to post. I have a couple of journal entries I will transcribe later this week to give you a look into the process I went through leading up to where I am now... but let me start with where I am now.

85% or so of the people in my immediate social circle are using my new name and trying to refer to me with male pronouns. Funny thing is... I keep screwing up. Mostly when I am in a hurry or uttering a habitual phrase like introducing myself or answering the phone. Also, it is tricky cause at work, although my boss knows, everyone I have worked with still knows me as A. So, I can't just suddenly change to answering my phone or identifying myself as D cause people wouldn't know they are dealing with the same person they talked to before. My brain aches by the end of the day doing flip flops on this issue.

I am certain that this process will go forward and probably at a pace that those on the outside would consider break-neck. But is funny with me. My whole life that has been how things go for me...I take a long time to make a decision, I work on it subconsiously, and then blamo! It is done. This has been true of ending relationships, switching careers, coming out as lesbian and now this.

No comments:

Post a Comment